Thursday, June 26, 2008

Difficult Personal Question

Faith is a difficult thing to really understand.

Hebrews 11:1 defines it as an assurance and a conviction about the unknowable and the unseeable.

A few weeks ago my eyes were opened to something shocking the Jesus said just before the last few days of His life on this earth. He said, "…when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8)

Since "discovering" this question I have asked several people, "Where have you seen faith displayed most recently". What I get, in return is blank stares. I then follow up with this question to him/her and to myself, "when was the last time that you did something by faith?".

What answer do you think I would get? Better yet, what answer would I get if I asked you that question?

James 5:17-18 says, Elijah was a man with a nature like ours and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain; and it did not rain fir three years and six months. And again he prayed, and the sky poured rain and the earth produced its fruit.

Please understand that this is not intended as a message of condemnation. This message is one that pierces my heart far more than it could possibly apply to you.

So let me ask us all, will Jesus find faith on this earth when He returns?

No comments: