Monday, August 16, 2010

Dead or Alive?

Writing on a blog has certain advantages. One of these is that I don't know who is reading these messages so I can lay it on the line. If you are offended, just quit reading. My job is to present what God lays on my heart each week.

This one may cut pretty close to the bone. It needs to be addressed, especially in today's church.

The book of James, chapter 2 says:

Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless? 7-12

Look at your life this past week. Have you seen live or dead faith?

Live faith looks like self sacrifice, acts of service, love beyond bounds, caring enough about the eternal destination of other to risk embarrassment... Dead faith looks like, well, you know that that looks like.

God's true people live by faith!



No comments: