Monday, August 2, 2010

A Better Way!

So you will find favor and good repute
In the sight of God and man.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:4-6


Some scriptures are just too comfortable to us to reveal truth. The middle of this section is one of those. Most can easily recite the words:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.

I would like our attention too be focused on the word, "trust". Do you really, really trust Him? I'm betting that I am not alone in depending mostly upon my,
own understanding.


The painful truth here is that there is no such thing and partial trust. God will not accept second place or even, in our warped opinion, a tie for first place.

For My thoughts are not
your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:7-9


We cannot even begin, even on our best days, think clearly about the right things. Our reasoning, our "understanding", is warped by sin.


Day after day we pursue the wrong things, treasure the wasteful, and chase after the hurtful all because we
lean on your own understanding.

Isn't it time to desert the schemes and plans that have been put together by your own understanding?

There is a better way. One that is
as the heavens are higher than yours to date or hereafter.


No comments: