Monday, July 7, 2008

Knowing Who's Who

The prophet Micah new what's what.

He asked: With what shall I come to the Lord and bow myself before the God on high? Shall I come to Him with burnt offerings, with yearlings calves? Does the Lord take delight in thousands of rams, in then thousand rivers of oil? Shall I present my first-born for my rebellious acts, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? Has he told you , O man, what is good; and what the Lord requires of you but to do justice, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God? (6:6-9)

We sometimes get it so wrong.

We sometimes think that we must do everything right to please God. It is not the rightness of the things we do that gets God's attention; it is only the state of our hearts that opens the door.

Understanding who we are and understanding Who God is can lead to nothing less.

No comments: