Monday, June 4, 2012

Sorrow or Life?

I said, “I will guard my ways that I may not sin with my tongue;
I will guard my mouth as with a muzzle while the wicked are in my presence.”

I was mute and silent, I refrained even from good,
And my sorrow grew worse.   Psalm 39:1-2 

Does this sound like most Christians today?  "I will guard my mouth...while the wicked are in my presence"?
How often are we intimidated by the worldly way of those around us and fail to interject any positive comments?  We have the words of hope for the world and we remain silent in the face of ignorance!

The Psalm reveals to us the results of our timidity: "My sorrow grew worse".

Faith is fueled by facing the giants of fear and not backing down.  We dwell in the routine and hum-drum of life when Jesus came to give us "life to the full." 

The choice is yours.  Will you choose life or choose comfort and worldly acceptance?

 

No comments: