Monday, January 2, 2012

Enough Church! Enough self-interest and pride.

Therefore say to the Israelites, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: It is not for your sake, people of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone.   I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovereign LORD, when I am proved holy through you before their eyes. ~ Ezekiel 36:22-23
 How has the great name of our God been profaned among the nations due to the powerless church of Jesus today?   When the world looks at a Christian today what does it see?  The answer to that question is too frustrating to even consider.  It is a long way away from God proving His holiness through our actions and demeanor!
I have yet to hear anyone call the church and Christians to repentance over profaning God's name.  You see, here is where we miss the boat on what God sees.  It isn't about you and me!  The whole message of good news is that what we do, what we have done, what we will ever do will never amount to anything of worth.  We are lost in our own self importance!
We have been redeemed to bring glory to our God and to remind the lost of God's holiness!  Our God keeps calling to us to wake up to our own self-induced pride and self-interest.
We haven't simply ignored Him; we have profaned His holy name!

No comments: